FRANCESCA BARDARO CV
CROSS-MEDIA ARTIST, SCENOGRAPHER
Francesca Bardaro is a cross-media artist and scenographer who works and experiments in different artistic disciplines. She wants to explore new boundaries between different kinds of artistic expressions, trying to combine traditional arts and new media. For this reason she works at the same time with photography, painting, video and using softwares that allow her to create connection, an interaction between them.
About her artistic research, she wants to explore in particular the use of digital scenography (video-projections, and real time interaction) in performing arts. Her artistic research is based on the languages of mind dynamicity, synaesthesia, on simultaneous and different visual and sound elements that are able to wind completely the audience. For this reason the digital technologies allow her to translate better a physical space in a multisensory simulation, to create artificial sceneries to live into, in which to act; the use of new media in her works enables to avoid the static nature of the traditional dramaturgy and overcome the linearity in space-time.
Francesca's works can be inscribed often in the "Neo-Existentialism" as a new view on the human being; one of the key problems to solve is the inner conflict between ambiguous human conscience and nature. The "Neoexistentialism" as primary characteristic tries to answer eternal questions asked by contemplating and struggling individuals - the questions of place in society, world and existence itself in such a way that this search for harmony with environment is grounding in the seeker.
One feature recognizable in her works is, in fact, the"Contrast". Meant as the fight between the opposites, individual/society, man/woman, black and white, ying and yang, it's often expressed in terms of image, sound, color, time and concept.
- ["Frank Mohr Instituut" - MFA Scenography 2nd Year] - Groningen, Netherlands [2009-2010]
- ["La Sapienza University" - Bachelor Department of Arts and Techniques of Digital Entertainment] - Rome, Italy [Project Final Thesis about Immaterial Scenography rated 104/110] [2005-2009]
- [The Linguistic High School "MTCicerone"] - Formia, Italy [rated 100/100] [ 2000-2005]
["Aarhus University", "CAVI" (Centre of Advanced Visualization and Interaction) and "DIEM" (Royal Academy of Music)] Aarhus, Denamark [Research about digital scenographies] [August-November 2008]
- [ STEIM - Center for research & development of instruments & tools for performers in the electronic performance arts ] Amsterdam, Netherlands [ Workshop about interactive performance system with Isadora & JunXion software, handheld wireless controllers, video, sound and responsive lighting with Jamie Griffith] [ http://www.steim.org/steim/events.php?event=266&year_archive=2010&type=2&archive=] [August 2010] .
- [Het Paleis] [Chmod +x Make art International Festival] Groningen, Netherlands [Workshop Hello wor(l)d! about Open Source Software (FLOSS) and open content in digital arts] [ http://makeart.goto10.org/chmod+x/] [March 2010].
- [Instituut LichtOntwerpen] Amsterdam, Netherlands [Lightning Workshop by Henk van der Geest] [ http://www.lichtontwerpen.nl/] [January 2010]
- [Medialab-Prado] Madrid, Spain [Workshop "Visualizar'09: Datos públicos, datos en público" collaborating for the project "HYDRO STATUS OF NOW" about the visualization of water data] [ http://hydrostatusofnow.org/ ] [11-28 November 2009]
- [Frank Mohr Instituut] Groningen, Netherlands [Workshop about Max/MSP software and Processing by Jan Klug and Vincent Bruijn] [October 2009]
- [FUCINAOFF'08 Symposium Arts] Spoleto, Italy [Workshop Live Electronic Performance, Performing media, Max/MSP software] [ http://www.fucinaoff.net/] [November 2008]
- ["Statens TeaterSkole"] Copenaghen, Denmark [Workshop about virtual scenography and the visual interactive software "Isadora" with Mark Coniglio of Troika Ranch Dance Company] [ http://www.troikaranch.org/ ] [October 2008]
- [Production of the Institutional video for "Latina Film Commission" signed by the Italian director and scenographer Luciano Emmer] [ http://www.latinafilmcommission.it ] [January-February 2008]
- [Help-director for "Trio in Mi bemolle" play by Eric Rohmer of Alessandro Machìa theatre director] Rome, Italy [March-May 2008]
- ["Aware Anesthesia"] [Video Interactive Performance] [Grand Theatre] Groningen, Netherlands [June 2015]
- ["The introspection of Woyzeck"] [Video Performance from the "Woyzeck" play stage of the German author Buchner in collaboration with Marcelo Masman] [Frank Mohr Instituut and Random Collision Cultural Center] Groningen, Netherlands [January 2010]
- ["INSIDE"] [video dance performance in collaboration with the dancer Grace Ballestero Bello] [Frank Mohr Instituut] Groningen, Netherlands [October 2009]
- ["The Abyss"] [interactive installation in collaboration with Casandra Hernández Vélez and Michael De Fenestrad] [FUCNAOFF' 08] Spoleto, Italy [November 2008]
- ["Music&Light"] [Interactive Sound Performance] ["Kulturnat" of Copenaghen] Denmark [October 2008]
- [Noorderzoon Festival 2010] [Collective Exhibition] [Video Installation "Aware Anesthesia" ] [19th-29th August 2010] - [International Photo Contest "Medio Ambiente" of the Ayuntamento de La Rinconada] [Collective exhibition at Cultural Centre de La Villa] Sevilla, Spain [5th of June 2010]
- [Kunstvlaai 2010] [Collective Exhibition - http://www.kunstvlaai.nl/2010/] Westergasfabriekterrein in Amsterdam, Netherlands [May 2010]
- [IV Certamen de Artes Plásticas y Visuales, "Mujeres y Arte"] [Collective Exhibition] [Torrearte- Torremocha de Jarama] Madrid, Spain [March 2010]
- [International Painting Contest "Bruno Buozzi"] [Collective Exhibition] Rome, Italy [ http://www.megart.it] [January 2010]
Groningen, The .
Video art by Francesca Bardaro